CN! in Action
- October 28, 2014: CN! was an exhibitor at the Family Support Council Disability EXPO!
- October 1, 2014: CN! Presents: Community Based Resources: What Is Available & How Do I Access Them
- September 24, 2014: CN! Supports and Attends the Disability Issues Forum
- September 11, 2014: CN! comments/makes recommendations on the development of a long-term plan for the SSLCs at the Texas department of Aging and Disability Services Council Meeting
- September 11, 2014: CN! presents Funding Resources: What Every Family Needs to Know at Advocates for Special People Meeting
- CN!’s Joe Tate writes a blog post for CTD’s Independent Living Series
- Community Now! submits public comments (link broken) to the Sunset Commission
- Joe Tate, CN! Policy Specialist interviewed by Texas Public Radio
- May 31, 2014: CN! exhibits at the Ft. Worth Information Fair
- CN! responds to the Sunset Commission Recommendation to Close 6 State Supported Living Centers
- May 6, 2014: CN! Presents Funding Resources: What Every Family Needs to Know at the Ft. Worth Special Needs Fitness and Health Education Program
- May 3, 2014: CN! Presents Funding Resources: What Every Family Needs to Know! and Introduction to Organizing for Change at the West Texas Disability Resource Conference
- April 24, 2014: CN! presents Resources Every Family Should Know About in Lewisville ISD
- April 7, 2014: CN! presents Resources Every Family Should Know About at the Parents and Schools in Partnership meeting.
- March 29, 2014: CN! Co-Hosts 2nd Annual Living With Disability Conference & Presents Resources Every Family Should Know About.
- CN! At the Texas Transition Conference. View our presentation: Resources Every Family Should Know About here.
- CN! responds to the preventable death of Sean Yates
- CN! participated in the ICEP Disability Empowerment Pipeline – View the ICEP brochure here.
- CN! presented at the 2014 Inclusion Works Conference. Click here to view presentation handouts.
- November 12, 2013: CN! members met with the Sunset Review Committee for discussion and review of issues for consideration. Click here for issues reviewed.
- October 21, 2013: Resources Every Family Should Know About Presentation Handout
- August 10, 2103: Living With Disability Resource and Information Conference
- August 10, 2013: Resources Every Family Should Know About Presentation
- July 3, 2013: Press Conference
- June 11, 2013: CN! El Paso SSLC Press Conference and Meeting – Media Alert – El Paso Times Article
- CN! and Love Land team up to hold the first Mentor program of the ICEP. Check out the video from this event here.
- CN! awards the film: Love Land with a $50,000 grant!
- February 26, 2013: Public Hearing on S.B. 7 – CN! Written Testimony
- January 1 & 26, 2013: CN! presentation at The Arc of NETC
- CN! 83rd Legislature Platform Summary
- December 4, 2012: CN! presentation Arlington ISD Special Education PTSA
- The CN! Resolution submitted at the CTD iMake A Difference Conference
- September 22, 2012: CN! A Modern Day Call for Justice Press Conference & Rally
Kelly Mastin’s blog
Rally video here
- July 17, 2013: CN! A Modern Day Call for Justice Press Conference and Rally
El Paso Times Article
KINT News Article
You Tube Video
- April 21-25, 2012: CN! attended the ADAPT National Action
- April 18-19, 2012: CN! attended the Allies in Self-Advocacy Summit on
Texas presentation and plan here
- March 13, 2012: CN! hand delivers a letter to Gov. Perry’s office requesting a meeting on ending the institutional bias.
- The meeting summary is in the April issue of the CN! newsletter.
- February 10, 2012: CN! leadership meets with DADS leadership.
- January 18, 2012: CN! & ADAPT hold a Press Conference regarding SSLC closure and consolidation & LTSS Texas Tribune article